MAX: Cert in Database Manipulation
To be most valued by those who most value technology!
Compatible with Windows & MAC OS.
Apps required: MS Access for Windows and NeoOffice or LibreOffice Suite for MAC.
MAX: Cert in Database Manipulation grants FREE access to MAX: VLE Basic Membership Plan.
- Suitable for working professionals and students looking to gain additional accreditation in ICT and IT competency
- Individual learning at own pace
- Certificate provided upon completion with a transcript and a course completion letter [three documents]
- Optional life-time online verification facility.
- Register a FREE account and join MAX VLE classrooms for course content.
- Fill our contact us form to contact your online ICT Tutor.
All candidates study the following topic(s):
Course aims & objectives
The race for excellence has no finish line.
MAX Cert in Database Manipulation is designed for people wishing to gain a benchmark certificate in ICT which may enhance their career prospects and personal development. This course covers the main concepts of databases and allows learners to demonstrate their ability to use a database application [Microsoft Access] on a computer. You will learn how to create and modify tables, queries, forms and reports. You will also learn how to retrieve and manipulate information from a database using the query and sort functions available in the package.
- This course is conducted entirely online.
- The most significant advantage of our professional, highly skilled online courses is that they follow e-learning criteria which enable students to complete the course at their own pace and the comfort of their own home.
- You are expected to complete all modules within 3 to 4 months.
- Our fee is extremely affordable for students and professionals who have an eager desire to lead a successful ICT related career in a competitive world.
- You can find additional learning resources from our more than 500 free ICT Tutorial videos on our website.
Course Type: Part-time
Course Level: Intermediate
Course Requirements: No formal qualifications are necessary.
Course Start / intake: On-going throughout the year
Course Duration: Up to 2-3 months
Course Content: The Database Manipulation suite of qualifications has been designed to develop and recognize candidates’ ability to produce a database with tables, queries, forms and reports to meet the requirements of employment or business.
Teaching and learning activities: Online coaching, tutorials and assignments.
This course is compatible with both Windows and MAC operating systems. Students can also use Google Applications or any other Open-source applications.
Internet skills & technical requirements
The course is taught entirely online, using the VLE (Virtual Learning Environment). You won’t need any prior experience or knowledge of online learning, although basic experience of email and Internet is expected. Technical and pedagogical support is available for the entire duration of the course.
You may also need:
- An Internet connection
- A headset (best is with a USB connection) or stand-alone microphone and speakers
- A webcam is optional
- An up-to-date browser
- An up-to-date media player (e.g. Windows Media Player or similar)
- Microsoft Office Applications Suite 2010-13 or simillar.
- You will use an online video conferencing platform for chats with course tuttor(s) several times during the course – the exact time for this is negotiated with the group. To take part in a video conferencing session you will need a headset with microphone (headsets with a USB plug are the best option). If you have a webcam, you may want to connect that during the video conferencing session, but this is optional—you will be able to see and hear your tutor even if you only have a headset. Video conferencing sessions are always recorded which means that even if you can’t attend, you will be able to watch the recording later online, in your own time. Our video conferencing platform is accessed via a web page—you do not need to download or install anything to use it during the course.
Participants need to complete a minimum of 80% of the course work for the Module / Tutorial to an acceptable standard within the time frame of the course. An overall Pass or Fail grade is awarded for the MAX: Cert in Database Manipulation. In order for participants to be awarded the Certificate, course module must be passed.
Key Skills Covered in this course
By the end of this Certification, you should be able to master the following skills:
Interface of a Database package
- Accessing Database Application (MS Access 2013) from the Computer
- Importing data from another software package i.e. converting a .csv (Comma Separated Values) file into Spreadsheet .xlxs Format
- Exporting data and reports for use within another package
- Creating a database from an existing data file
- Enter numeric and text data into a database
- Enter different forms of data into a database
- Enter three new records in database
- Taking a screenshot showing the three records inserted. Inserting a copy of this screenshot into the evidence document.
- Identifying Field types with given data type and field size
- Save a screen shot showing the field names and data types used. Inserting a copy of this screen shot into a new evidence document.
Using Functions and formulae within a database, such as:
- SUM Function =SUM([Value])
- COUNT Function =COUNT([Value])
- MAX Function =Max([COST])
- MIN Function =Min([COST])
- AVG Function =Avg([COST])
Sort data within a database
Creating a new query, such as:
- Date and time query
- Saving the query
- Creating a Report from imported data (Original Table 1)
- Formatting Report in Layout View and Design View
Creating an Extract
- Creating an Extract to be imported into a Word Processing Software
Creating evidence of your work
- Integrating Software
- Screenshots and snipping tools
Saving and printing a database
- Saving a Database in proper location i.e. your work area
- Saving Database Report in the Home Folder or your work area
- Printing the report and evidence document.
- Saving and Printing Labels
- Saving and Printing an Extract
Using file compression
Sending an email
- Creating a new contact
- Adding designation or job title
- Adding cc (carbon copy)
- Adding subject line
- Adding text
- Attaching files
- Sending an email
If you have never taken an online course at Maximus Plus, you should take time to review the Online Readiness. We have highlight 6 key readiness tips that can help you to prepare for your online learning experience.
- Getting Oriented: Learning about learning online, how to access your course.
- Knowing Your PC : Navigating technology and ensuring reliable Internet access is important so that it doesn’t get in the way of learning the content.
- Reading : Access your course and ensure you read the syllabus and instructions presented.
- Logging in Daily: This is how you attend class… by logging in!
- Being Self-Disciplined and Engaged: Stay motivated, keep a schedule, and participate.
- Believing in your Abilities and Asking for Help: You can do it! Don’t get behind, if you have a technical issue, ask for help. If you need help with content or the class, contact your tutor.
Maximus Plus short courses are being conducted online in various countries. This offer is for institutes who wish to conduct Maximus Plus short-courses at their institutes or international schools. Contact us for a highly competitive business proposal.
|Dimensions||21 x 29.7 x 0.50 cm|