MAX: Cert in ICT
Expand your mind, change your world!
Compatible with Windows & MAC OS.
Apps required: Google Apps or MS Office Suite.
MAX: Cert in ICT grants FREE access to MAX: VLE Basic Membership Plan.
- Suitable for working professionals and students looking to gain additional accreditation in ICT and IT competency
- Individual learning at own pace
- Certificate provided upon completion with a transcript and a course completion letter [three documents]
- Optional life-time online verification facility.
- Register a FREE account and join MAX VLE classrooms for course content.
- Fill our contact us form to contact your online ICT Tutor.
All candidates study the following topic(s):
These modules are the pre-requsite for your academic or professional career as they provide detailed knowledge of using ICT Applications internationally in our modern world.
Course aims & objectives
Learning today for a better tomorrow.
MAX Cert in ICT (Information and communication technology) is designed for people wishing to gain a benchmark certificate which may enhance their career prospects and personal development. The ICT syllabus provide opportunities for contextualised learning and the content has been created to suit a wide variety of institutions, avoid cultural bias and develop essential lifelong skills, including creative thinking and problem-solving. We aim to balance knowledge, understanding and skills in our programmes and qualifications to enable students to become effective learners and to provide a solid foundation for their continuing educational journey.
- This course is conducted entirely online.
- The most significant advantage of our professional, highly skilled online courses is that they follow e-learning criteria which enable students to complete the course at their own pace and the comfort of their own home.
- You are expected to complete all modules within 3 to 4 months.
- Our fee is extremely affordable for students and professionals who have an eager desire to lead a successful ICT related career in a competitive world.
- You can find additional learning resources from our more than 500 free ICT Tutorial videos on our website.
Why choose MAX Cert in ICT?
MAX ICT Information and Communication Technology encourages learners to develop lifelong skills, including:
- understanding and using applications
- using Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to solve problems
- analysing, designing, implementing, testing and evaluating ICT systems, ensuring that they are fit for
- understanding the implications of technology in society, including social, economic and ethical uses
- awareness of the ways ICT can help in home, learning and work environments.
Key Skills covered in this course
This course covers the main modules of ICT, which are covered in the following courses:
- Word Processing [Microsoft Word / Google Docs / MAC Pages]
- Spreadsheet Processing [Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets / MAC Numbers]
- Database Manipulation [Microsoft Access]
- Presentation Authoring [Microsoft PowerPoint / Google Slides]
- Website Authoring [HTML & CSS] [OpenSource NeoOffice / Microsoft Expression / KomPozer]
Course Type: Part-time
Course Level: Intermediate
Course Requirements: No formal qualifications are necessary.
Course Start / intake: On-going throughout the year
Course Duration: Up to 3-4 months
Course Content: The ICT suite of qualifications has been designed to develop and recognize candidates’ ability to meet day to day challenges in ICT at work or meeting the requirements of employment or business.
Teaching and learning activities: Online coaching, tutorials and assignments
This course is compatible with both Windows and MAC operating systems. Students can also use Google Applications or any other Open-source applications.
Internet skills & technical requirements
The course is taught entirely online, using the VLE (Virtual Learning Environment). You won’t need any prior experience or knowledge of online learning, although basic experience of email and Internet is expected. Technical and pedagogical support is available for the entire duration of the course.
You may also need:
- An Internet connection
- A headset (best is with a USB connection) or stand-alone microphone and speakers
- A webcam is optional
- An up-to-date browser
- An up-to-date media player (e.g. Windows Media Player or similar)
- Microsoft Office Applications Suite 2010-13 or simillar.
- You will use an online video conferencing platform for chats with course tuttor(s) several times during the course – the exact time for this is negotiated with the group. To take part in a video conferencing session you will need a headset with microphone (headsets with a USB plug are the best option). If you have a webcam, you may want to connect that during the video conferencing session, but this is optional—you will be able to see and hear your tutor even if you only have a headset. Video conferencing sessions are always recorded which means that even if you can’t attend, you will be able to watch the recording later online, in your own time. Our video conferencing platform is accessed via a web page—you do not need to download or install anything to use it during the course.
Participants need to complete a minimum of 80% of the course work for the Modules / Tutorials to an acceptable standard within the time frame of the courses. An overall Pass or Fail grade is awarded for the MAX: Cert in ICT. In order for participants to be awarded the Certificate, course module must be passed.
If you have never taken an online course at Maximus Plus, you should take time to review the Online Readiness. We have highlight 6 key readiness tips that can help you to prepare for your online learning experience.
- Getting Oriented: Learning about learning online, how to access your course.
- Knowing Your PC : Navigating technology and ensuring reliable Internet access is important so that it doesn’t get in the way of learning the content.
- Reading : Access your course and ensure you read the syllabus and instructions presented.
- Logging in Daily: This is how you attend class… by logging in!
- Being Self-Disciplined and Engaged: Stay motivated, keep a schedule, and participate.
- Believing in your Abilities and Asking for Help: You can do it! Don’t get behind, if you have a technical issue, ask for help. If you need help with content or the class, contact your tutor.
Maximus Plus short courses are being conducted online in various countries. This offer is for institutes who wish to conduct Maximus Plus short-courses at their institutes or international schools. Contact us for a highly competitive business proposal.
|Dimensions||21 x 29.7 x 0.50 cm|