MAX: Cert in Presentation Authoring
Treat yourself with our cost-effective online certificate!
Compatible with Windows & MAC OS.
Apps required: Google Slides or MS PowerPoint.
MAX: Cert in Presentation Authoring grants FREE access to MAX: VLE Basic Membership Plan.
- Suitable for working professionals and students looking to gain additional accreditation in ICT and IT competency
- Individual learning at own pace
- Certificate provided upon completion with a transcript and a course completion letter [three documents]
- Optional life-time online verification facility.
- Register a FREE account and join MAX VLE classrooms for course content.
- Fill our contact us form to contact your online ICT Tutor.
All candidates study the following topic(s):
Course aims & objectives
Turning today’s learners into tomorrow’s leaders.
MAX Cert in Presentation Authoring is designed for people wishing to gain a benchmark certificate in ICT which may enhance their career prospects and personal development. This course covers the main concepts of a Multimedia presentation software and allows learners to demonstrate their ability to use a presentation package [Microsoft PowerPoint/ Google slides] on windows and MAC. You will learn how to create, modify and format presentations using different slide layouts for display and printed distribution. You will also learn how to use a slide master and accomplish common operations with charts, images and drawn objects and to develop various slide show transitions.
- This course is conducted entirely online.
- The most significant advantage of our professional, highly skilled online courses is that they follow e-learning criteria which enable students to complete the course at their own pace and the comfort of their own home.
- You are expected to complete all modules within 3 to 4 months.
- Our fee is extremely affordable for students and professionals who have an eager desire to lead a successful ICT related career in a competitive world.
- You can find additional learning resources from our more than 500 free ICT Tutorial videos on our website.
Course Type: Part-time
Course Level: Intermediate
Course Requirements: No formal qualifications are necessary.
Course Start / intake: On-going throughout the year
Course Duration: Up to 1-2 months
Course Content: The Presentation Authoring suite of qualifications has been designed to develop and recognize candidates’ ability to produce a variety of presentations using different slide layouts for display and printed distribution to meet the requirements of employment or business.
Teaching and learning activities: Online coaching, tutorials and assignments.
This course is compatible with both Windows and MAC operating systems. Students can also use Google Applications or any other Open-source applications.
Internet skills & technical requirements
The course is taught entirely online, using the VLE (Virtual Learning Environment). You won’t need any prior experience or knowledge of online learning, although basic experience of email and Internet is expected. Technical and pedagogical support is available for the entire duration of the course.
You may also need:
- An Internet connection
- A headset (best is with a USB connection) or stand-alone microphone and speakers
- A webcam is optional
- An up-to-date browser
- An up-to-date media player (e.g. Windows Media Player or similar)
- Microsoft Office Applications Suite 2010-13 or similar.
- You will use an online video conferencing platform for chats with course tutor(s) several times during the course – the exact time for this is negotiated with the group. To take part in a video conferencing session you will need a headset with microphone (headsets with a USB plug are the best option). If you have a webcam, you may want to connect that during the video conferencing session, but this is optional—you will be able to see and hear your tutor even if you only have a headset. Video conferencing sessions are always recorded which means that even if you can’t attend, you will be able to watch the recording later online, in your own time. Our video conferencing platform is accessed via a web page—you do not need to download or install anything to use it during the course.
Participants need to complete a minimum of 80% of the course work for the Module / Tutorial to an acceptable standard within the time frame of the course. An overall Pass or Fail grade is awarded for the MAX: Cert in Presentation Authoring. In order for participants to be awarded the Certificate, course module must be passed.
Key Skills Covered in this course
Key skills covered in this module are as follows:
Interface of a Presentation authoring package
Using a master slide to place objects like:
- images, text, logos, slide footers, automated slide numbering,
- setting font styles, heading styles and colour scheme
Creating presentation slides, with:
- text on the slides including: headings, subheadings, bulleted lists
- manipulating and using specified areas for headings, subheadings, bullets
- Font types (Serif e.g. Times new roman and Sans-serif e.g. Arial),
- Applying consistent, font styles, point sizes, text colour (selected from the presentation colour scheme), text alignment, enhancements (bold, italic, underscore)
Images, shapes and text boxes
- Manipulating images by resizing, positioning, cropping, copying, changing the image contrast and brightness
- Insert other features, for example: symbols, lines, arrows, call out boxes
- Creating a chart within the presentation package, using contiguous or non-contiguous data
- Labelling the chart with a title, legend, segment labels, segment values, percentages, category axis labels, value axis labels and scales
- Insert other graphical features to a slide
- importing charts from a spreadsheet
Animations and transitions
- Using consistent transitions, automating the transitions between pages
- Using animation facilities on text, images and other objects,
- showing consistency between objects
Creating presenter notes
- audience notes (handouts)
Creating evidence of your work
- Integrating Software
- Screenshots and snipping tools to show features like animations, and transitions
Printing the presentation
Saving the presentation in your work area
Using file compression
Sending an email
- Creating a new contact
- Adding designation or job title
- Adding cc (carbon copy)
- Adding subject line
- Adding text
- Attaching files
- Sending an email.
If you have never taken an online course at Maximus Plus, you should take time to review the Online Readiness. We have highlight 6 key readiness tips that can help you to prepare for your online learning experience.
- Getting Oriented: Learning about learning online, how to access your course.
- Knowing Your PC : Navigating technology and ensuring reliable Internet access is important so that it doesn’t get in the way of learning the content.
- Reading : Access your course and ensure you read the syllabus and instructions presented.
- Logging in Daily: This is how you attend class… by logging in!
- Being Self-Disciplined and Engaged: Stay motivated, keep a schedule, and participate.
- Believing in your Abilities and Asking for Help: You can do it! Don’t get behind, if you have a technical issue, ask for help. If you need help with content or the class, contact your tutor.
Maximus Plus short courses are being conducted online in various countries. This offer is for institutes who wish to conduct Maximus Plus short-courses at their institutes or international schools. Contact us for a highly competitive business proposal.
|Dimensions||21 x 29.7 x 0.50 cm|