MAX: Cert in Website Authoring [HTML & CSS]
To be most valued by those who most value technology!
Compatible with Windows & MAC OS.
Apps required: KompoZer [OpenSource] for Windows or MAC, Microsoft Expression Web Design, Adobe Dreamweaver.
MAX: Cert in Website Authoring [HTML & CSS] grants FREE access to MAX: VLE Basic Membership Plan.
- Suitable for working professionals and students looking to gain additional accreditation in ICT and IT competency
- Individual learning at own pace
- Certificate provided upon completion with a transcript and a course completion letter [three documents]
- Optional life-time online verification facility.
- Register a FREE account and join MAX VLE classrooms for course content.
- Fill our contact us form to contact your online ICT Tutor.
All candidates study the following topic(s):
Course aims & objectives
Your door to future web technology.
MAX Cert in Website authoring is designed for people wishing to gain a benchmark certificate in ICT which may enhance their career prospects and personal development. This course covers the main concepts of Multimedia web authoring and allows learners to demonstrate their ability to use a Web authoring application [Microsoft Expression / OpenSource Kompozer] on a computer. You will learn how to create, modify and format HTML web pages and Cascading stylesheets CSS. The course also covers some of the common features associated with web development such as creating tables, using pictures and images within a webpage, adding hyperlinks, anchors and printing HTML source code.
- This course is conducted entirely online.
- The most significant advantage of our professional, highly skilled online courses is that they follow e-learning criteria which enable students to complete the course at their own pace and the comfort of their own home.
- You are expected to complete all modules within 3 to 4 months.
- Our fee is extremely affordable for students and professionals who have an eager desire to lead a successful ICT related career in a competitive world.
- You can find additional learning resources from our more than 500 free ICT Tutorial videos on our website.
Course Type: Part-time
Course Level: Intermediate
Course Requirements: No formal qualifications are necessary. Students are required to possess basic English Language proficiency and basic Computer knowledge to enroll for this online short-course.
Course Start / intake: On-going throughout the year
Course Duration: Up to 2-3 months
Course Content: The Web Authoring suite of qualifications has been designed to develop and recognize candidates’ ability to produce a variety of HTML simple webpages with hyperlinks, tables, text and graphics to meet the requirements of employment or business.
Teaching and learning activities: Online coaching, tutorials and assignments.
This course is compatible with both Windows and MAC operating systems. Students can also use Google Applications or any other Open-source applications.
Internet skills & technical requirements
The course is taught entirely online, using the VLE (Virtual Learning Environment). You won’t need any prior experience or knowledge of online learning, although basic experience of email and Internet is expected. Technical and pedagogical support is available for the entire duration of the course.
You may also need:
- An Internet connection
- A headset (best is with a USB connection) or stand-alone microphone and speakers
- A webcam is optional
- An up-to-date browser
- An up-to-date media player (e.g. Windows Media Player or similar)
- Microsoft Office Applications Suite 2010-13 or simillar.
- You will use an online video conferencing platform for chats with course tuttor(s) several times during the course – the exact time for this is negotiated with the group. To take part in a video conferencing session you will need a headset with microphone (headsets with a USB plug are the best option). If you have a webcam, you may want to connect that during the video conferencing session, but this is optional—you will be able to see and hear your tutor even if you only have a headset. Video conferencing sessions are always recorded which means that even if you can’t attend, you will be able to watch the recording later online, in your own time. Our video conferencing platform is accessed via a web page—you do not need to download or install anything to use it during the course.
Participants need to complete a minimum of 80% of the course work for the Module / Tutorial to an acceptable standard within the time frame of the course. An overall Pass or Fail grade is awarded for the MAX: Cert in Website Authoring. In order for participants to be awarded the Certificate, course module must be passed.
Key Skills Covered in this course
Key skills covered in this module are as follows:
Interface of a Web authoring package
- Downloading images from a website or work-space
- Inserting and placing images
- Resizing images and maintaining aspect ratio using a graphic package
- Increasing or reducing image resolution
- Crop off images to a required width and height in pixels
- Removing image colours to make it black and white (gray style)
- Flipping images
Creating and editing HTML pages
- Creating a new web page using an offline text editor
- Using HTML tags
- Displaying web pages in a web browser
- Printing a web page from a web browser
- Printing a copy of the HTML source
Formatting HTML pages
- Applying style headings (h2, h3 etc)
- Format text using pre-defined styles
- Align and enhance text
- Using specific and generic font families
- Creating numbered, bulleted and nested lists
- Creating ordered lists <ol>
- Creating unordered lists <ul>
Editing and using stylesheets
- Selecting appropriate style sheets for web pages
- Attaching style sheets to an existing HTML page
- Editing style sheets for changing an attached image
- Using classes within a stylesheet
- Design and create page layout using tables
- Creating tables with header, footer and body sections
- Inserting rows and columns
- Merging cells
- Increasing or decreasing table width
Inserting Anchors and hyperlinks
- Open a web page in the same window / frame (hyperlink) _self
- Open a web page in a new Window _blank
- Named Anchor (Bookmark) #Anchor
- Email Links with a Subject Line
- Open web page in a new browser
- Creating a hyperlink from an image
Resizing web browser
Creating evidence of your work
- Integrating Software
- Screenshots and snipping tools to show features like animations, and transitions
Sending an email
- Creating a new contact
- Adding designation or job title
- Adding cc (carbon copy)
- Adding subject line
- Adding text
- Attaching files
- Sending an email.
If you have never taken an online course at Maximus Plus, you should take time to review the Online Readiness. We have highlight 6 key readiness tips that can help you to prepare for your online learning experience.
- Getting Oriented: Learning about learning online, how to access your course.
- Knowing Your PC : Navigating technology and ensuring reliable Internet access is important so that it doesn’t get in the way of learning the content.
- Reading : Access your course and ensure you read the syllabus and instructions presented.
- Logging in Daily: This is how you attend class… by logging in!
- Being Self-Disciplined and Engaged: Stay motivated, keep a schedule, and participate.
- Believing in your Abilities and Asking for Help: You can do it! Don’t get behind, if you have a technical issue, ask for help. If you need help with content or the class, contact your tutor.
Maximus Plus short courses are being conducted online in various countries. This offer is for institutes who wish to conduct Maximus Plus short-courses at their institutes or international schools. Contact us for a highly competitive business proposal.
|Dimensions||21 x 29.7 x 0.50 cm|