MAX: Executive Diploma in International Business and ICT
“Small acts when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.” – Howard Zinn
- Compatible with Windows & MAC OS
- Apps required: Google Apps or MS Office Suite
- Option to pay course fee in 12-18 monthly installments with no hidden fee.
MAX: Executive Diploma in International Business and ICT grants FREE access to MAX: VLE Platinum Membership Plan.
- Suitable for working professionals and students looking to gain additional accreditation in IT competency and Business
- Individual learning at own pace
- Certificate provided upon completion with a transcript and a course completion letter [three documents]
- Life-time online verification facility.
- Register a FREE account and join MAX VLE classrooms for course content.
- Fill our contact us form to contact your online ICT Tutor.
All candidates study the following topic(s):
Business Studies Courses
MAXINTBUS01 – Understanding Business Activity 0450-01-02
MAXINTBUS02 – People in Business 0450-01-02
MAXINTBUS03 – Marketing 0450-01-02
MAXINTBUS04 – Operations Management 0450-01-02
MAXINTBUS05 – Financial Information and Decisions 0450-01-02
MAXINTBUS06 – External influences on Business Activity 0450-01-02
MAXINTBUS07 – International Business Studies Summary 0450-01-02
ICT Practical Courses
MAXICT16 – Graphs and Charts 041702-03
MAXICT17 – Document Production 041702
MAXICT18 – Data Manipulation 041702
MAXICT19 – Presentations 041702
MAXICT20 – Data Analysis 041703
MAXICT21 – Website Authoring 041703
Course aims & objectives
A community of lifelong learners, responsible global citizens, and champions of our own success.
MAX: Executive Diploma in International Business and ICT is a rigorous course of study that aims to encourage students to be knowledgeable and responsible, but also innovative and reflective. There is a strong emphasis on encouraging students to develop intercultural understanding, open-mindedness, and the attitudes necessary for them to respect and evaluate a range of points of view. It is the study and evaluation of the impacts of information technology (IT) on individuals, stakeholders, business and society. It explores the advantages and disadvantages of the access and use of digitized information at the local and global level. It provides a framework for the student to make informed judgments and decisions about the use of IT within social contexts.
An ever-increasing number of people worldwide come into contact with IT on a daily basis. This increasingly widespread use of IT and the ease of access to information have led to the development of a “global village”. It has also had unforeseen social impacts and raised new ethical issues. Our Diploma program seeks to develop international understanding and cooperation, as well as fostering a concern for global issues pertaining to the use, misuse and disposal of IT hardware and unwanted digital information.
- This course is conducted entirely online.
- The most significant advantage of our professional, highly skilled online courses is that they follow e-learning criteria which enable students to complete the course at their own pace and the comfort of their own home.
- You are expected to complete all modules within 12 to 16 months.
- Our fee is extremely affordable for students and professionals who have an eager desire to lead a successful ICT related career in a competitive world.
- You can find additional learning resources from our more than 500 free ICT Tutorial videos on our website.
Why choose MAX: Executive Diploma in International Business and ICT?
MAX: Executive Diploma in International Business and ICT encourages learners to develop lifelong skills, including:
- understanding and using applications
- using Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to solve problems
- analysing, designing, implementing, testing and evaluating ICT systems, ensuring that they are fit for
- understanding the implications of technology in society, including social, economic and ethical uses
- awareness of the ways ICT can help in home, learning and work environments.
- understand different forms of business organisations, the environments in which businesses operate
and business functions such as marketing, operations and finance
- appreciate the role of people in business success.
Key Skills covered in this course
This course covers the main modules of Business Studies and ICT, which are covered in the following courses:
- Word Processing [Microsoft Word / Google Docs / MAC Pages]
- Spreadsheet Processing [Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets / MAC Numbers]
- Database Manipulation [Microsoft Access]
- Presentation Authoring [Microsoft PowerPoint / Google Slides]
- Website Authoring [HTML & CSS] [OpenSource NeoOffice / Microsoft Expression / KomPozer]
- Understanding business activity
- People in business
- Operations management
- Financial information and decisions
- External influences on business activity
- Social and ethical responsibility in business and IT
- Enable the student to evaluate social and ethical considerations arising from the widespread use of IT by individuals, families, communities, organizations and societies at the local and global level
- Develop the student’s understanding of the capabilities of current and emerging IT systems and to evaluate their impact on a range of stakeholders
- Enable students to apply their knowledge of existing IT systems to various scenarios and to make informed judgments about the effects of IT developments on them
- Encourage students to use their knowledge of IT systems and practical IT skills to justify IT solutions for a specified client or end-user
- Dissertation / Extended Essay for independent research
- Students will also gain lifelong skills, including:
- the ability to calculate and interpret business data
- communication skills needed to support arguments with reasons
- the ability to analyse business situations and reach decisions or judgments.
Course Type: Part-time
Course Level: Pre-University / Foundation
Course Requirements: Entry requirements include O Levels, GCSE or equivalent.
Course Start / intake: On-going throughout the year
Course Duration: Up to 12-16 months
Teaching and learning activities: Online coaching, tutorials and assignments.
Internet skills & technical requirements
The course is taught entirely online, using the VLE (Virtual Learning Environment). You won’t need any prior experience or knowledge of online learning, although basic experience of email and Internet is expected. Technical and pedagogical support is available for the entire duration of the course.
You may also need:
- An Internet connection
- A headset (best is with a USB connection) or stand-alone microphone and speakers
- A webcam is optional
- An up-to-date browser
- An up-to-date media player (e.g. Windows Media Player or similar)
- Microsoft Office Applications Suite 2010-13 or simillar.
- You will use an online video conferencing platform for chats with course tuttor(s) several times during the course – the exact time for this is negotiated with the group. To take part in a video conferencing session you will need a headset with microphone (headsets with a USB plug are the best option). If you have a webcam, you may want to connect that during the video conferencing session, but this is optional—you will be able to see and hear your tutor even if you only have a headset. Video conferencing sessions are always recorded which means that even if you can’t attend, you will be able to watch the recording later online, in your own time. Our video conferencing platform is accessed via a web page—you do not need to download or install anything to use it during the course.
Participants need to complete a minimum of 80% of the course work for the Module / Tutorial to an acceptable standard within the time frame of the course. An overall Pass or Fail grade is awarded for the Executive Diploma in International Business and ICT. In order for participants to be awarded the Certificate, course module must be passed.
If you have never taken an online course at Maximus Plus, you should take time to review the Online Readiness. We have highlight 6 key readiness tips that can help you to prepare for your online learning experience.
- Getting Oriented: Learning about learning online, how to access your course.
- Knowing Your PC : Navigating technology and ensuring reliable Internet access is important so that it doesn’t get in the way of learning the content.
- Reading : Access your course and ensure you read the syllabus and instructions presented.
- Logging in Daily: This is how you attend class… by logging in!
- Being Self-Disciplined and Engaged: Stay motivated, keep a schedule, and participate.
- Believing in your Abilities and Asking for Help: You can do it! Don’t get behind, if you have a technical issue, ask for help. If you need help with content or the class, contact your tutor.
In House / In Company
We can also tailor this course to your organisation.
Maximus Plus short courses are being conducted online in various countries. This offer is for institutes who wish to conduct Maximus Plus short-courses at their institutes or international schools. Contact us for a highly competitive business proposal.
|Dimensions||21 x 29.7 x 0.50 cm|